We are proud to announce our first set of tutorials starting with Radium Tutorial Episode 1. In this episode we take a look at editing and aligning chorus vocals. This method works anytime you have a stereo vocal part or more and are looking for a very tight vocal sound. The tools we use to achieve these results are listed below as well as the song used in this tutorial.
- Synchro Arts VocALign PRO 4 – Link
- This is the gold standard when it comes to vocal alignment and a plugin we use almost daily for our work and is truly a work horse. Coming in at $399 USD it is not the most affordable choice on the market but in our opinion is best choice.
- Synchro Arts VocALign Project 3 – Link
- An affordable alternate to VocALign PRO. Coming in at less then half the cost at 149$ USD, VocALign Project is a great way to get your hands dirty with some alignment and has all the features shown in this tutorial.
- Sound Radix Auto-Align – Link
- Our go-to plugin for aligning phase between 2 signals. It also has the added bonus of tightening the timing of the signals as well. This plugin also allows you to manually change the amount of sample delay between both signal for a not so ‘Auto’ alignment. A great piece for the tool box and highly recommended coming in at 149$.
- Waves InPhase – Link
- Another great option for phase alignment, this is a more manual way to align phase as well as a little more scientific. For our work flow we find InPhase a little to slow for a majority of our projects. But in certain circumstances where there are major phase problems this plugin can be your saving grace. This plugin is a little more pricey than Auto-Align coming in at 179$.
Thanks for checking out our first tutorial and we have another one looking a pitch correction coming soon!